[TYPO3-dev] Can someone update wiki > Caching Framework

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Tue Nov 15 07:17:50 CET 2011

Hi,

I just tested the example in the wiki [1] about the CF and it seems to
be filled with some bugs. I am not that into the CF and don't know if
the things I experienced are because of the example provided or about me
doing something wrong....

1) Wrong namings
$GLOBALS['cacheManager'] => should be $GLOBALS['typo3CacheFactory']

2)  if (is_null($entry = ....

this seems to be wrong as if entry is not found, FALSE is returned, so
it need to be  if (!($entry = ... or checking for false

so also the text "It isn't needed to call has() before accessing cache
entries with get() as get() returns NULL if no entry exists." could be
wrong?

Thanks for your help
Georg

[1]