[TYPO3-dev] deprecation log

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Nov 5 12:36:17 CET 2011

Hi,

On 5-11-2011 10:45, Robert Wildling wrote:
> The option $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im_version_5'] is not set,
> ImageMagic 4 is assumed. This is deprecated since TYPO3 4.5, support
> will be removed in TYPO3 4.6. Make sure to upgrade to ImageMagick
> version 6 or GraphichsMagick.
>
> I don't quite get it: when IM is turned off, TYPO3 still assumes that
> there is an IM available? So many image-related computational tasks will
> nevertheless perform? Doesn't that lead to needless performance overhead?

I just looked in the code and it's just that a bunch of checks are done
upon initializing the graphics routines. Some of them should perhaps not
be done if IM is turned off.

But even if IM is turned off some image related functionality is still
active (the stuff which can be done with GD-library in PHP).

Can you file a bug report at [1]?

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-core/

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,