[TYPO3-dev] files rights VS local groups

Éric Thibault Eric.Thibault at dc.ulaval.ca
Tue Nov 1 18:44:01 CET 2011

Hello to all!

We have a restricted section in one of our sites and access is granted to users of a particular group (local).  I was wandering if it is possible in Typo3 to also restrict the different documents used in that section… We have PDF, DOC and XLS but as they are inside a fileadmin folder, people are nervous to the fact that a simple link to particular files could be accessible directly on the Internet… no login asked!