[TYPO3-dev] The extbase dilemma

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Wed May 18 15:53:23 CEST 2011

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

Hi Dmitry,

> It seems that this is the problem: people do not use Extbase for the
> intended purpose (to learn DDD). They use Extbase to create extensions.
> The purpose does not match the use. Sounds humorous but that's what we
> have.

I don't agree, a lot of people (including me) are successfully using
Extbase in productive projects. Some even with huge data sets, as we
know from the use cases we collected for T3CON10.

I consider most of the parts stable and fast enough to use it
productively *if the requirements fit the approach*. But there are
certainly parts that are not (e.g. FE editing is problematic with lots
of (complex) records).

That's why I like the idea of documenting, what kind of projects Extbase
is good at and where the weak spots are.

BTW: I fully agree with Sebastians posting and I'm happy to read some
constructive feedback!

Best
Bastian