[TYPO3-dev] Changing backend CSS only for BE users of a certain group.

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Thu Mar 31 14:27:07 CEST 2011

Hi.

On 31.03.2011 13:55 Andreas Kiessling wrote:

> What about inherited groups? usergroup only contains the groups, that
> are directly assigned to a user. I think usergroup_cached_list should
> hold that information too.

You are right, inheritance will not work in my example.

In class t3lib_userAuthGroup, I found this comment about
usergroup_cached_list:

"The field "usergroup_cached_list" contains the list of groups which the
user is a member of. After authentication (where these functions are
called...) one can depend on this list being a representation of the
exact groups/subgroups which the BE_USER has membership with"

It sounds to be safe to use.

Thanks!

--
cheers,