[TYPO3-dev] Newbie Question on BE Module Programming

Urs Bräm info at ursbraem.ch
Mon Mar 28 22:21:44 CEST 2011

Hi

I'm writing my first very simple Backend Module that allows users to
update some files in a folder. It works fine up to now, but now I'm not
getting ahead.

Up to now, users can select the (hardcoded) folder path from the
"function menu selector" dropdown. See attached Screenshot.

But as my script executes directly when the value from the dropdown menu
is called AND the typo3 backend remembers the current selection of the
dropdown, the action will be executed already when a user selects the
module in the left column.

My questions:

a) is there a way to have the function menu default to the first entry
whenever the module is called?

b) Maybe the function menu isn't the right thing to use here, I know.
But - as I'm doing my first steps here - I didn't find out how to make a
link in the module content that calls the module again and passes it
some parameter to execute a function.

Kickstarter tells me how to read GET-Data ( t3lib_div::view_array($_GET)
), but it doesn't say how to write it.

Because then I could skip abusing the function menu.

I would really appreciate a hint.

Thanks a lot!
Urs

--