[TYPO3-dev] Extension "Image Autoresize"

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Wed Mar 23 10:57:05 CET 2011

Hi Thomas,

> Is the extension compatible and recommended for
> using with TYPO3 4.5 LTS?

In fact I developped it back then for trunk which now is 4.5 LTS and as
I thought it would be useful for older versions too (and as 4.5 was not
yet out), I added the hook I suggested (and that you are referring too)
as part of the extension but it only gets loaded for TYPO3 < 4.5.

Additionally the dependency was set to:

'typo3' => '4.3.0-0.0.0',

which is something I normally don't do as I prefer stating until which
TYPO3 version I really tested it but this basically implies it is
compatible :)

> I think since 4.5 LTS there is a new hook after images
> were uploaded and I was wondering if the extension uses it,
> or will work also without using the hook in 4.5 LTS.

As said, it was first developed for 4.5 LTS and the hook was added in
the first place for this very extension. The copy of the hook
"interface" you find in the extension is only there for older versions
to have the same implementation of it regardless of the version of TYPO3
you use.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers