[TYPO3-dev] Manually inserting records

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Thu Mar 10 21:50:16 CET 2011

Hi Rik,

I have imported other databases into TYPO3 a few times in the past and never ran
into problems. I started with creating the data structures in TCA for all fields
and tables for which you need backend forms. Of course sometimes you will have
to rename some tables (to fit the extension-prefix) or fields (like id -> uid,
etc.) but if you take a bit of time to sort that out you can import entire
database structures, also leaving internal references in place.

I never had problems with auto-increments, they just continue from the point
where your inserts ended.

Cheers,
Loek