[TYPO3-dev] Idea: add transaction support to t3lib_db

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 10:13:13 CET 2011

Hi!

Christian Futterlieb wrote:
> But it would be possible in a modern API, remembering a call to
> startTransaction() ;)

Exactly what I mean. There will be a counter, which prevents nested
transactions and correctly deals with multiple calls.

> Ok, thanks for talking this through. I didn't known, that nesting
> transactions is that common :)

They are :( Sometimes it is just not possible to leave without them if you
have nearly 20 modules that update their info when a user is changed or
deleted.

> So, I have just a last question: do you plan to restrict or catch sql
> statements starting/committing/rolling back transactions, as they could
> break the transaction handling?

This is a good question! I did not plan that but I think it should be taken
into account and API functions be called transparently when user tries to
start the transaction using SQL statements. Thanks for the idea!

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org