[TYPO3-dev] Idea: add transaction support to t3lib_db

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 10:03:50 CET 2011

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> btw - seems bad admins all around, i often see problems with not
> existing innoDB, crashing innoDB tables etc. It seems not so easy to
> seperate innoDB to not getting a monster file where you can't shrink it.

I found that using file per table helps a lot with InnoDB. Firsts, it is
faster. It should not be but it is! At least in my case (RAID1, LVM).
Secondly, with a single huge file it is not possible to reclaim space. With
file per table it is as simple as converting to myisam and back to innodb
(also resorts the table in PK order, which makes it faster).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org