[TYPO3-dev] Views in TYPO3 database

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Mon Mar 7 14:18:49 CET 2011

Op 7-3-2011 13:56, Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schreef:

> It could work. Try it out and tell us about it, I would say. :)
>
> You could get in trouble if the editor wants to "edit" the record. I am
> pretty sure there will be issues, because TYPO3 won't know its a view
> and not a real table, and doing an "INSERT" in such a view might get
> bizarre results.

Sounds like a plan. I'll try it out and see what happens. A little
background on what I can expect is important to me though, since I'm not
a database expert.

What kind of bizarre results are you thinking of?

The editor should be able to edit a record. The reason for this approach
is ease of use. Say the record should be on three pages, the editor
needs only one page to be able to find and edit the record.
Alternatively I could go for a setup like commerce, that has a category
module to show a tree and lists records but this adds a lot of
complexity that I'm not looking for.

One other though was to hook/xclass the class.db_list.php or
class.db_list_extra.php to create the lists I wish in stead of default
lists.

Cheers!