[TYPO3-dev] Idea: add transaction support to t3lib_db

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 7 11:14:28 CET 2011

On 7-3-2011 10:13, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> For both issues: see the message you replied to!
>
> No answer there.

Okay, let me quote a bit:

Regarding: To get engine you need to run an extra SQL query.
 >>> DB class could contain knowledge about which engine / DBMS supports
 >>> it.
 >> - checking table type would be too expensive
 > Then we should keep track of this information.

TYPO3 only modifies database structures in a few situations: extension
manager and install tool. These functions (expanded by DBAL) could store
info about engine / DBMS somewhere in the system.

Regarding: Even if you get the info that transaction is not supported,
what would you do with it? Raise an exception and break the extension? :)

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert