[TYPO3-dev] Scheme enforcement in 4.5.x

Lucas Thurston lucas at castironcoding.com
Wed Jun 29 15:31:02 CEST 2011

On 6/28/11 12:13 AM, Georg Ringer wrote:
> Am 27.06.2011 23:36, schrieb Lucas Thurston:
>> What's missing, in my view, is a "default" that forces a redirect. This
>> way when going from one to the other, there's no chance of getting mixed
>> https / http unless you do something dumb.
>
> use TsConfig or a simple extension to remove the default and set a
> default value which is used for new pages.
>
> done ;)
>
> Georg

Sure, that would work in this case. Of course, I'd have to go through
all existing pages (or more likely, quick query in MySQL) and set it to
the value I want. I'd prefer, however, to have the flexibility to change
my configuration in one place (TypoScript) at some point down the road.

I think the "default" action should be configurable in TS. Options might
be: enforce https; enforce http; do nothing (current default). That way
there's a lot of flexibility, and making sweeping changes doesn't
involve changing many records.

Lucas