[TYPO3-dev] Questions regarding jenkins

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Jun 28 23:49:34 CEST 2011

Kay Strobach schrieb am 28.06.2011 19:53:
> Hello guys,
>
> as Jenkins seems to have quite obtrusive rules i would like to suggest,
> that you provide some samples how JS and CSS must be formated.
> An other possible solution would be, that the Messages of Jenkins
> contain the information what's wrong. - I can't find that information
> right now.
>
> I started a JS commit:
>
> https://review.typo3.org/#change,2956
> http://ci.typo3.org/job/typo3-v4-core-gerrit/844
> http://ci.typo3.org/job/typo3-v4-core-gerrit/845
>
> I crawled all links in the ci.typo3.org sites (left side) to find the
> information - but had no luck.
>
> The mail form jenkins doesn't contain the filename ...

Usually Jenkins will only stop you if *new warnings* were introduced
with your commit. Compare with this report:

http://ci.typo3.org/job/typo3-v4-core-gerrit/843/?

See there are "No new warnings".

You have been hit by this problem before, it seems:

https://review.typo3.org/2925

Looking at your submitted patchset, it tells us:

Parent: fe6936312c32c9c4bfc8ace9bd89edacfb51b311

Looking at the master history, this particular commit is pretty old
already. Meaning your patchset is based on a pretty old state of the
Core (from the time we haven't had submodules yet).

So the best way to solve this issue is to re-create the patchset based
on the current "HEAD" of master, which today is "9b4afc7 [TASK] Remove
override of authentication fields".

I just did that by:

1) making sure by master is on the latest state

2) cherry-picked your patch into this state. Fixed the "conflicts" (in
this case, just reset the submodules pointer)

3) re-commited that last commit again (like suggested by the cherry-pick
from 1).

4) pushed it to gerrit.

So I guess this will now pass Jenkins.

Make sure you always work on latest HEAD before pushing a patch!

Cheers,
Ernesto