[TYPO3-dev] Instantiation of backend modules/classes

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 24 13:27:28 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 24-6-2011 12:37, Rik Willems wrote:
> I have noticed that in backend modules the instantiation of classes
> happen at the bottom of the same file [1]. Now when I want to extend
> that class for an own extension it's not possible because the class is
> instantiated upon include of the file.

Why wouldn't it be possible? Just above the piece of code you quote is
the XCLASS definition:

if (defined('TYPO3_MODE') &&
isset($GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS'][TYPO3_MODE]['XCLASS']['typo3/alt_db_navframe.php']))
{
	include_once($GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS'][TYPO3_MODE]['XCLASS']['typo3/alt_db_navframe.php']);
}

You can define an XCLASSed version of this class in your own extension.
The call to t3lib_div::makeInstance() is done just to take XCLASSes into
consideration.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.