[TYPO3-dev] Dynamic List and HMAC issues

Alexander Stehlik alexander.stehlik at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 16 20:58:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have an issue with a dynamically growing select list and before I open
an issue in forge i would be glad to hear your opinion if there are
other approaches that work better.

Basically I simply have a form with a multiple select field (form.select
view helper) and an autocomplete mechanism that adds elements to the
select field. This has two disadvantages:

1. When submitting the form I have to mark all elements in the select
field as "checked", otherwise they will not be persisted by extbase
(this is currently done with javascript and the form onSubmit event).

2. I get a HMAC exception because I have more array elements in my
select field than are registered in the allowed field list.

The only solution I came up is a new property in the form.select view
helper called "maxElements". If this property is set then there are as
many fields registered for the form token generation as were set in
maxElements.

What would be your approch? I'm looking forward for your ideas :)

Kind regards,
Alex