[TYPO3-dev] License Question

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Jun 16 20:33:32 CEST 2011

Hello guys,

I have a small question about the license [1] of pdf.js

Is the following license GPL conform - or in other words can pdf.js be
used within a TYPO3 extension which should be published in TER?

Thanks
Kay

>     Copyright (c) 2011 Mozilla Foundation
>
>     Contributors: Andreas Gal <gal at mozilla.com>
>                   Chris G Jones <cjones at mozilla.com>
>                   Shaon Barman <shaon.barman at gmail.com>
>
>     Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a
>     copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"),
>     to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
>     the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense,
>     and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the
>     Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
>
>     The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
>     all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
>
>     THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
>     IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
>     FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL
>     THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
>     LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
>     FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
>     DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

[1] https://github.com/andreasgal/pdf.js/blob/master/LICENSE

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org