[TYPO3-dev] Best practice for including JS / CSS from an extension

Pierre Dudoret p.dudoret at groupe-belink.fr
Wed Jun 15 12:02:48 CEST 2011

2011/6/15 Fabien Udriot <fudriot at omic.ch>

> Well... I see some drawbacks.
>
> For extensions that are developed on your own and are not published on the
> TER, I think this would make sense as there will be very likely other
> changes in the template from one project to another.
>
> But for public extension being published, this is not the ideal case as it
> will occur more work when the extension will get updated.

Why ? If you use a public extension, you will probably redesign the html
template. Maybe you'll modify the javascript too
When you update your extension, your template stay the same, so the
javascript too... and everything is still working.

On the other hand, if your extension includes the javascript with another
way (like throught static), updating it will update javascript inclusion.

Popy