[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 and svn

Adrien Crivelli adrien.crivelli at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 19:07:36 CEST 2011

This is a concern indeed. The structure I described was established before
the whole git story. Until now I only use the core from git, everything else
comes from svn. And as the core is symlinked within each projects (to allow
for one centralized core) it did not raise issue so far (no git/svn mix
yet).

However if all extensions (and our own projects) are not migrated at once
from svn to git, we will face it sooner or later. A part of the answer may
be git-svn which allows to "mirror" a svn repository with git.
Unfortunately, from what I read, this may not be as trivial as it sounds but
I did not try to implement it yet.

I'd be in favor to at least implement git-svn mirrors for all existing
extensions on forge and make svn readonly. Or even better, ditch
svn completely (which would probably break tons of stuff, but at least would
leave no doubts about what should be used).

Btw, to anyone reading this thread: why would .git/.svn folders would be bad
on a production server ?