[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 and svn

Peter Niederlag typo3-list at niekom.de
Thu Jun 9 19:01:57 CEST 2011

Hello,

Am 09.06.2011 15:21, schrieb Adrien Crivelli:
[...]
> I think the only clean solution, vcs-wise, is the use of externals (or
> submodule for git). You know exactly what version you are using, where it is
> coming from and its whole history (the "official" one, not your own update
> history).

clean and simple rule for your installation:
- is extension managed via EM? -> no submodule, just store it inside
superproject. It gets updated whenever EM is used
- is extension managed via GIT -> put in submodule

works for me. After some very large projects, I put a hook in place that
prevents commiting files with more than 5(?)MB. Espacially audio/video
and large pdfs inflate the git fast without too much benefits. A .git
with > 1GB  still works fast and reliable but just doesn't feel comfortable.

Greets,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag