[TYPO3-dev] Questions about exec_PREPAREquery

Stefan Frömken firma at sfroemken.de
Mon Jun 6 20:55:29 CEST 2011

Hello Xavier,

thank you for your help. I just have a little bit time for testing. I
have prgrammed a little speedtesting extension using a bad old way, the
new prepared statement of TYPO3 and the original prepared statements
made by MySQL:

http://typo3.sfroemken.de/fileadmin/templates/downloads/T3X_sfpreparespeedtest-0_0_0-z-201106062018.t3x

After installing and insertion as plugin I can see following timings on
my system:
The old way: 58ms
TYPO3-Stmt: 49ms
MySQL-Stmt: 42ms

I'm wondering that TYPO3-Statements are faster than the old way
allthough TYPO3-Statements are using the same functions like the old
way. And it has to load an additional class.

I don't understand this?!?! Why is it faster?

Stefan