[TYPO3-dev] Announcing TYPO3 4.3.12, 4.4.9 and 4.5.4

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Wed Jul 27 18:19:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 27.07.2011 17:35, schrieb Steffen Müller:
> What about security patches for 4.2?
> Is this version not affected or unsupported?

This version is affected by most of the mentioned issues (e.g. ExtDirect
wasn't there at those days) and I doubt that anyone will do a backport
of the patches.

Of course you are free to do it, maybe it is a bit easier with GIT now
but as personal opinion as member of the security team member: Nobody
got the time to this (+double checking everything for regressions, ...)
for a version which is so old and for nothing (4.6. is coming in some
months!).

> I know 4.2 is marked as obsolete, but exceptions were made in the past
> for security issues.

I am pretty sure that exeptions will still made if there is a really
really really bad bug like the jumpurl issue but not for anything else.

Georg