[TYPO3-dev] Nested CONTENT/select bug

Armin Günther armin.guenther at augusta.de
Wed Jul 27 12:52:56 CEST 2011

Hi Peter,

there has been a discussion of this "feature" here:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/20541

The issue was closed as it could not be reproduced anymore. Now it looks
as if you did reproduce it, so one might consider to reopen this "issue"
(but as it is considered as a feature a feature request might be more
appropriate).

In the discussion of this issue a solution was proposed by Jo Hasenau to
make this recursion prevention mechanism optional by a switch like

removeDuplicatedRecords => boolean / default ON

But I don't know whether this switch was realized - I think it was not.

In my opinion this feature causes many hours of debugging for developers
like you (and me some time ago) who are not aware of it. Is it
documented in the TS Reference - I don' think so.

Best,
Armin