[TYPO3-dev] ExtJS "action buttons" question

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jul 27 10:48:10 CEST 2011

Hi Kay,

> can you provide a demo extension? - Can't really imagine what you wan't
> to do - but for below comment i assume;)

It's actually for my external_import extension. I'm (slowly) preparing a
major update which would work only for TYPO3 4.5 and above and I'm
trying to implement everything as cleanly as possible.

So I have a list of several tables into which external data can be
imported, and there can be several configurations per table. For each
such "row", there's an icon you can click on to start a sync. Obviously
the sync function needs to know what it should be syncing ;-)

> Perhaps it's enough for you to ask the icon who his parent is?
> (dom->parent) and fetch the id from there - otherwise i would use a
> grid, this way you can use the selected record directly;)

Fetching from the parent could be an option. In the meantime I took a
look at the Workspaces BE module, which does something similar (i.e.
action icons for each item in the list) and I saw that it uses a Store
and a Grid. I guess I can try and go down that way, but I lack the ExtJS
knowledge for now. It's an opportunity to learn (and if I finally lack
time, I can always go the hacky way ;-) ).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter