[TYPO3-dev] TCA and l10n_mode

Lim Chivy limchivy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 08:47:20 CEST 2011

Hi Philipp Gampe,

On 7/22/2011 6:24 PM, Philipp Gampe wrote:
>>> This way translators see the field data, but can't change it. This is
>> >  It is a good idea, but it does not make sense to the translate user why
>> >  do they need to switch back to the default language record to change
>> >  that fields.
> Why should a translator change the content of a field? He should only
> "translate" it.

It is true, the translators can only translate the content.

Now, I do following Jigal van Hemert's guide:
For a field which can't really be translated (such as a birth date), I
would personally set:
l10n_mode : exclude ( do not translate this)
l10n_display : defaultAsReadOnly ( show field as read only in translated
records)
This way translators see the field data, but can't change it. This is
the most logical for such a field.

Thanks,
Chivy