[TYPO3-dev] The future of Bug Days

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Fri Jul 22 15:08:27 CEST 2011

Hi.

On 22.07.2011 14:32 François Suter wrote:

> Indeed the recent Bug Days could be compared to a placebo: the
> additional amount of bugs fixed/reviewed during the day is not
> significantly higher than on any other day. I think that as long as a
> Bug Day does not produce a significant increase in activity, it is not
> relevant.

 From this point of view you might be right. But it's not the whole story.
To me bugdays are fix dates where chances seem to be higher to get
personal support by core members. You pick a bug, ask your questions in
the irc channel, create a changeset, push it to gerrit, then come back
to irc and ask for reviews. If everything works well, the changeset is
merged and the bug is resolved the same day. Having that kind of success
motivates people to contribute.

--
cheers,
Steffen