[TYPO3-dev] Index shortcut - indexed search?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 21 08:03:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 20-7-2011 7:52, Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:
> I have a small problem with the Crawler extension. The problem is that
> is have a shortcut from domain.tld/events to domain.tld/long/path/to/event
>
> The page domain.tld/event is not indexed, and therefor not able to be
> "hit" at domain.tld/event got the:
>
> "Oops, an error occured!
> Reason: Segment "event" was not a keyword for a postVarSet as expected!"
>
> Thus it cannot recognize my url path.
>
> Any hints on how to solve this? As far as I know crawler only crawls
> indexed pages, and shortcuts are not indexed. So, any hints?

As explained in your other thread on this subject, this has nothing to
do with crawler / indexed_search.

If a page is of type shortcut any links to that page will be replaced by
the url of the page it points to. It seems that you are using a url
rewriter (realurl, cooluri, ...). This rewriter will thus create the
urls of the pages the shortcut points to, not the url of the shortcut
page itself.

What you probably want is a to setup a redirect. You can do this inside
realurl, but for better performance it would be better to this in
.htaccess for example. This way the domain.tld/event can be used and
will redirect to the actual url domain.tld/long/path/to/event

Another solution (also mentioned in the other thread) is to make the
shortcut page a normal page and set the 'show content from this page' to
the page /long/path/to/event. This will make the links use
domain.tld/event and display the content of the other page.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.