[TYPO3-dev] typoscript GP:var + tt_address

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 18 12:57:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 18-7-2011 9:11, Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:
> On 2011-07-13 15:21, Nicole Cordes wrote:
>> 2) Does groupSelection support stdWrap-functions (I haven't any
>> tt_address around)?
>
> Don't know if its supports stdWrap-functions, but if setting the
> variable manually with lib.group_id = 7 it works, and i my oppinion it
> shouldn't matter if its declared from post og manually when used as
>
> groupSelection < lib.group_id afterwards?

The copy operator '<' just copies the definition of the right side
argument. There is a difference between:

   lib.group_id = 7
   plugin.tx_ttaddress_pi1.groupSelection < lib.group_id

which is equivalent to:
   plugin.tx_ttaddress_pi1.groupSelection = 7

And:

   lib.group_id = TEXT
   lib.group_id.data = GP:group_id
   lib.group_id.htmlSpecialChars = 1
   plugin.tx_ttaddress_pi1.groupSelection < lib.group_id

which is equivalent to:
   plugin.tx_ttaddress_pi1.groupSelection = TEXT
   plugin.tx_ttaddress_pi1.groupSelection.data = GP:group_id
   plugin.tx_ttaddress_pi1.groupSelection.htmlSpecialChars = 1

Typoscript does not evaluate lib.group_id first into a single value and
then copies the result to plugin.tx_ttaddress_pi1.
You can see this in the Object Browser.

You can also change the copied defintion later on:
   plugin.tx_ttaddress_pi1.groupSelection < lib.group_id
   plugin.tx_ttaddress_pi1.groupSelection.htmlSpecialChars = 0
will turn off htmlspecialchars.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.