[TYPO3-dev] Complete TYPO3 Website with just AJAX / anchor calls? No real page reloads.

Jan-Hendrik Heuing jh2010 at ivi-solutions.com
Wed Jul 13 22:55:10 CEST 2011

Moin!

www.ivi-solutions.com does it also.

The good thing in this solution is that on the server side, there is not
much magic. We're using the same page. So actually the page is sent
fully, and the client decides which parts to update. Depending on a
schema type shared between the old and the new page, it decides which
parts to update.

All we did on the TYPO3 side is to tell it which links to ajaxify (via
class="ajax". The rest is done by jQuery.

The page reload looks a lot faster, and only the html page itself is
loaded. We figured out that it's not worth compiling only part for the
content, as the loading is fast enough anyway. As it's only one file
being updated, there is not much to load also (first byte optimization
etc...)

Jan-Hendrik