[TYPO3-dev] Unit tests and Hudson?

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Wed Jul 13 18:18:06 CEST 2011

Am 13.07.11 15:53, schrieb Kay Strobach:
> Hello guys,
>
> just some questions about ci.typo3.org.

Hudson don't exist anymore in meaning of Continous Integration. The
procekt changed his name into Jenkins for license reasons.

> Do this system run unit tests?

Yes, since T3DD11.
You find the job right there [1]. The job is triggered by Gerrit on
every push, but is in silent mode to collect some experience.
The result don't get into acount for the vote of jenkins inside gerrit.

> Is there any documentation how to implement them according to the CGL [1]?

Mhh, I am not sure what you mean. Do you want implementing some unit
tests? Or do you wanna know how to code unit tests which fits the CGL?

Unit Tests using API of PHPUnit so they may not fit the TYPO3 CGL in
every detail. For example the naming convention of unit test files must
have *Test suffix (class.config_defaultTest.php), which is allowed by
TYPO3 CGL.

We have three posibillities here:
1) we implement some exceptions for unit test files in the sniffs
2) adjust the CGL to allow PHPunit specific style
3) exclude some unit tests from Codesniffer

> If yes - is that functionality also enabled for custom forge projects[2]?

Actually we have the core in focus.

> Is it possible to get the feedback of hudson as mail for a forge project?

In which purpose? You can check (see if build success or broken) your
extensions on ci.typo3.org or get some metrics at metrics.typo3.org
(some shiny numbers like loc, nloc, cyclomatic complexity)

In future, there will be PHPUnit Code Coverage too.

> Is it normal the the Continous Integration Tab on forge is useless [2]?

I don't know. I'll forward this question to Christian Trabold.

> Thanks in advice
You are welcome.

Regards
Stefano