[TYPO3-dev] Hook request

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Jul 13 12:46:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

> than it should be best to contact xavier (releasemanager) directly.
> You may also add a patch / issue to forge.typo3.org in the core project.
>
> If you use the old em, you may need to xclass the em, as the change
> won't be backported to 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, perhaps 4.5 and 4.6 ;=)

Basically, you'll have to provide the patch to include this new hook (I
cannot say ATM for old and/or new EM as the discussion is ongoing) and
ideally provide a basic extension using it and showing that it does what
is expected.

Just keep in mind that in fact hooks are new features and that feature
freeze is August, 2nd. If not ready, you'll have to wait for the
kick-off of TYPO3 4.7, beginning of November.

However, you could (maybe) take advantage of existing hook
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SC_OPTIONS']['typo3/mod/tools/em/index.php']['checkDBupdates']

Perhaps not exactly the way you wanted it but still, it may work to some
extend and it's already available since 4.5.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6