[TYPO3-dev] Complete TYPO3 Website with just AJAX / anchor calls? No real page reloads.

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Mon Jul 11 13:49:27 CEST 2011

Hi all,

due to a (in my opinion rather undesireable) customer request I have to
figure out, if it's somehow possible to set up a TYPO3 website that
won't have any page reloads - at least for normal content pages.

In general, of cause, there is the possibility to use anchor links [1]
or the facebook #!-way [2].

What would you say? Is it too hard to set up TYPO3 to produce such
anchor links wherever a link is to be generated (TMENU,
$this->cObj->typoLink, $this->pi_linkTP, etc.)?

The reason for all this hazzle is a music player that should continue to
play music while clicking through the website contents. Pop up Player /
frames are not an option.

Anyone out there who has done something similar? Experiences?

Best regards,
Jochen

[1]
http://www.springload.co.nz/love-the-web/making-ajax-calls-bookmark-able-and-linkable/