[TYPO3-dev] Possible RFC : Introducing ARRAY_LOOP cObject

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 31 12:57:38 CET 2011

Hi,

On 31-1-2011 11:38, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> This was discussed at T3DD10. I often have to deal with external data
> which basically is an array of data just as what is returned by
> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_SELECTgetRows() or an array of some domain
> object, when programming the Extbase way.

It was also discussed in the code sprint in Stuttgart :-) We seem to
need this!

Use case: display the categories a news message belongs to and each
category name is also a link to an overview with the news items in this
category.
This can currently be done if the data is supplied as delimeter
separated lists in several fields and involves clever use of split,
listNum, etc.

> Please find enclosed a possible patch to do that.

Looks good!

Can we have a 'data' property to set the source of the data? E.g. with
the news items record, a field contains an array of category data. With
the 'data' property we can load that category data into the ARRAY_LOOP
(or whatever its name should be) object.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert