[TYPO3-dev] No access to workspace module for editors and other issues in Typo3 4.5

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Jan 28 14:11:05 CET 2011

Hey again,

> I just upgraded a site from 4.4.6 to 4.5 and installed the workspace
> module, now that the customer is in need of it (so it wasn't installed
> before).
>
> While creating/configuring new workspaces seems to work fine (only via
> listView though, unlike previous workspace modules), I'm not able to
> grant editors access to the workspace module - it doesn't appear in the
> access list. Thus, my editors can see the module, but due to the
> mod_access check they can't access it (getting a uncaught TYPO3
> exception "Access Error: You don't have access to this module.").

sorry, found the issue. Had a XCLASS there dealing with mod_access
issues prior to TYPO3 4.5 which I had forgotten about.

> Also I see the old pagetree in all modules except the workspace module.
> Therefor also the workspace switch in the top-bar is not working and
> only switching the top-bar itself until it's running into a JS error not
> finding the new pageTree object.

The pagetree issue is still there. Already tried to recreate the
refindex which I read about, but that didn't help yet (I'm also asking
myself why it might depend on the ref-index).

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch