[TYPO3-dev] No access to workspace module for editors and other issues in Typo3 4.5

Franz Koch typo3.RemoveForMessage at elements-net.de
Fri Jan 28 13:12:06 CET 2011

Hey guys,

I just upgraded a site from 4.4.6 to 4.5 and installed the workspace
module, now that the customer is in need of it (so it wasn't installed
before).

While creating/configuring new workspaces seems to work fine (only via
listView though, unlike previous workspace modules), I'm not able to
grant editors access to the workspace module - it doesn't appear in the
access list. Thus, my editors can see the module, but due to the
mod_access check they can't access it (getting a uncaught TYPO3
exception "Access Error: You don't have access to this module.").

Also I see the old pagetree in all modules except the workspace module.
Therefor also the workspace switch in the top-bar is not working and
only switching the top-bar itself until it's running into a JS error not
finding the new pageTree object.

Any clue what could cause those issues?

--
kind regards,