[TYPO3-dev] createGroup / chgrp question

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Thu Jan 27 22:34:09 CET 2011

Hi Henjo,

I've used that setting [BE][createGroup] on many sites on a server where we
created a special group for both apache and the developers. If you also set the
['BE']['fileCreateMask'] to 664 (or 660 if you want), then developers can modify
all files created by TYPO3.

It works well, but in other setups the developers simply get added to the
apache-group and you'll have the same result (I can't really see much
difference, except when you would want to run some other, non-TYPO3 php scripts
that should create files that the developers are not allowed to change).

Nice puzzles indeed, mind-boggling at times :-)

Cheers,
Loek