[TYPO3-dev] typo3 locking behavoiur

Bjoern Pedersen bjoern.pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Thu Jan 27 11:36:05 CET 2011

Hi,

as I postponed my try to rewrite the locking mechanism to 4.6, I can
resume now (see http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16749).

But for that I still have some open questions:
1) The interface returns "uninteresting/unusable" values while needed
informations need a second call:
acquire does not return the acquired status, but a "was waiting" flag,
that would only make sense with a non-blocking acquire to "peek" the
lock status. But the current aqcuire is always blocking.

This cause e.g. a bug in dam: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16419

Can and should this get resolved?

2) Should we just keep the old class around if we tackle 1) and
introduce a totally new class, or shall the old class just be a proxy to
the new class?

3) To allow  extensions to register their own locking sub-classes (e.g.
the db lock http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8010)
 I think a field in TYPO3_CONF_VARS to map the lockingType to a class
would be helpful.

Björn