[TYPO3-dev] createGroup / chgrp question

Henjo Hoeksma me at henjohoeksma.nl
Wed Jan 26 12:24:43 CET 2011

On 2011-01-26 09:42:19 +0100, Xavier Perseguers said:

> Hi,
>
>> On 26-1-2011 2:38, Christopher Torgalson wrote:
>>> (indeed, I'm not sure I've ever encountered a good use case for
>>> managing files with *both* TYPO3 and FTP).
>>
>> Ask any programmer who needs to write an extension on a remote server.
>> Kickstarter creates the basic extension and further additing/adding is
>> done via an (S)FTP connection.
>
> This is a use-case but I usually create the extension on my local setup
> and upload it via (S)FTP, as such I don't need the remote install to be
> able to modify my files, even the checksums are calculated and uploaded
> locally once the extension is finished. As I put it in a personal SVN
> repository anyway I need the whole available locally.
>
> But I agree there are use cases. For instance photo galleries where
> users usually upload their photos from Web > File but, for larger, bulk
> upload, prefer to use a FTP tool.
>
> Xavier

There are definitaly use cases as concluded.
I still have not clear what a good and secure solution might be though.
I know there is an apache module in the making that will support the
handling of apache as the user but that still is not an option (for
now).

My best bet now sould be using suPhp. Anyone ran into troubles using that?

Henjo