[TYPO3-dev] tce->process_datamap fails when executed from scheduler task

Alban Cousinié lists at mind2machine.com
Fri Jan 21 18:48:00 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

I am integrating the extension ttnews_rssimport into a website and I am
having trouble with this extension failing to create news records from the
RSS feeds while being executed as a scheduler task.

Of course I have checked the scheduler task and it does run fine.

I have finally traced down the failure to create tt_news records from RSS to
the execution of the command $tce->process_datamap(); which is used to
create the categories and news records :

- While being called from the backend user this function does work.

- While being called with the scheduler user with exactly the same data
passed as arguments it does fail.

I have tried putting the user _cli_scheduler in a group which has powers to
list and modify tt_news and tt_news_cat tables, but it has had no effect.
Also I have given to the scheduler user access to the root of the website
with no more success. Last I tried to run the _cli_scheduler user as an
administrator, but the scheduler doesn't allow this.

Does any one have a clue why $tce->process_datamap() would fail with the
scheduler user and how I could solve this ?

Regards,

Alban