[TYPO3-dev] IRRE problem, editing records from two sides

Thomas "Thasmo" Deinhamer thasmo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:18:31 CET 2011

Hello folks!

I'm just not getting this working.

I got two tables, products and services.

One product can have multiple services assigned,
and one service can be assigned to multiple products, ofc.

A product record has the field 'services' which is a
select field which uses the MM table 'product_service'.

TCA of product.services:

'services' => array(
	'config' => array(
		'type' => 'select',
		'foreign_table' => 'service',
		'foreign_field' => 'products',
		'MM' => 'product_service',
		'minitems' => 0,
		'maxitems' => 999999,
	),
),

A service record has the field 'products' which is a
inline field (IRRE) which SHOULD also use the MM table 'product_service'.

TCA of service.products:

'products' => array(
	'config' => array(
		'type' => 'inline',
		'foreign_table' => 'product',
		'foreign_field' => 'services',
		'MM' => 'product_service',
		'minitems' => 0,
		'maxitems' => 999999,
	),
),

Unfortunately the relations are not working as they should,
I have tried all possible combinations, also using the option
'symmetric_field' or commenting out 'MM' etc.

The relations between the records just won't work correct.

I really appreciate any help on this 'cause I already spent
some hours trying to fix this.

Thanks so much,
Thomas