[TYPO3-dev] Performance of FIND_IN_SET in JOIN condition

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jan 20 14:43:27 CET 2011

Hi Marc Bastian,

> does anybody have an information about the performance (or could test it
> in a huge setup) of the following query

I don't have any hard figures at hand, but, yes, I tested this on a
setup involving the DAM (with about 20k records) and JOINs with a couple
of other tables. I have found the speed gain to be about a factor 10.
YMMV of course.

It's such a good improvement that I have actually XCLASSed t3lib_db to
implement it in listQuery() for TYPO3 4.3 or 4.4 installs. TYPO3 4.5
will have it native.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter