[TYPO3-dev] Backend komplex input validation

Surena Golijani info at homepagefarmer.de
Thu Jan 13 09:53:43 CET 2011

Hi everybody,

I'm searching for a possibility to validate the whole input of a user
who is editing records in the list-module in the backend.

I can evaluate a single field by the TCA eval function. But I have to
evaluate inputs depending on other inputs, and this seems to be
impossible with evaluateFieldValue($value,$is_in,&$set) described in the
TCA/eval section of the doc_core_api.

I might need something like a postProcessHook, which can not only access
all the fields of the record, but can keep Typo3 from saving the record
if validation fails.

Additionally I wonder whether it is really not possible to send an error
message to the backend (other than a little yellow triangle) if
validation fails?

I'm happy about every hint,
with kind regards
Surena Golijani