[TYPO3-dev] Generate ext_tables.sql from existing tables

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Tue Jan 11 15:38:41 CET 2011

Hi all,

I remember vaguely that I once saw something that would generate an
ext_tables.sql file from existing database tables, but I can find it
again. As far as I understood, the format is not exactly the same as a
mysql dump file, or is it? Or would it be sufficient to do a mysqldump
with the option --no-data?

Anyway, I suppose the problem is clear: somebody added some application
with tables in the same database as TYPO3, and I'd like to make sure
they won't get removed by the install tool during some update.

Could someone enlighten me?

Thanks!
Loek