[TYPO3-dev] Show progress in backend module

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 7 15:17:26 CET 2011

Hi,

On 7-1-2011 13:50, Michael Oehlhof wrote:
> I am implementing a backend modul that converts data and has a long
> runtime.
> The content is normally shown when the execution of the module is
> finished. The user dont see any progress a long time.
> I want to show the user the progress in the backend form.
>
> Is there a possibility to render the content while the module is running?

A proper AJAX setup is technically the nicest solution, but if you need
a quick and dirty approach, take a look at the Extension Manager (not
the new one from version 4.5) in the "Translation handling" function.

It takes care of rendering the BE module (instead of using the normal
functions), draws a progress bar and in a loop adds some JavaScript to
update the progressbar and displays extra output.

It's technically not very clean, but rather easy to implement with that
example :-)

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert