[TYPO3-dev] Symmetric bidirectional MM ralations on the same table

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 13:38:34 CET 2011

Hi!

Helmut Hummel wrote:
> My proposal was not meant as a final solution, but as a workaround until
> TYPO3 can handle such relations correctly. Not as a solution for TYPO3
> in general but for your current project, if you need it (I never did).

If I remember correctly, MM relations handled by loaddbgroup, not by
tcemain. So you cannot use a hook (nothing to hook to). I can be wrong
because I investigated that long time ago.

> Can you tell us what exactly will be corrupted when doing which actions?
> I can imagine that it would be neccessary to update the reference index
> in the hook, anything else?

t3lib_loaddbgroup does not expect such relations. Therefore it does not
handle them correctly. I do not remember exact details but I think only
some of these relations were deleted and false once were displayed when I
tried it. I ended up on handling that manually using my own field types.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member
E-mail: dmitry.dulepov at typo3.org