[TYPO3-dev] Symmetric bidirectional MM ralations on the same table

Stefano Cecere scecere at krur.com
Fri Feb 25 17:58:07 CET 2011

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:47:40 +0100, Jochen Rieger <j.rieger at connecta.ag>
wrote:

> Oops ... sorry. I think you are right. When I am editing the second
> record I created I get a reference to itself in the TCE form. But the
> database still entry looks fine (as described above). Seemingly just the
> tcemain gets a hickup caused by this config when rendering the form
> element.

yes, the db is ok.
it's a TCE/IRRE form problem :(

now i temporary solved the topic creating a "reversed" mm relation, with a
new field to be shown belove the stadard relation selector
so the editor can see if any other records already point to the current
one.

obvioulsy a better solution (and core integrated) would be better :)

let me know if you are gonna study more the IRRE solution!!

ciaooo

--

   Stefano Cecere
   krur.com multimedia