[TYPO3-dev] performace of cachingframework

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Sat Feb 19 01:56:07 CET 2011

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Christian Kuhn
Datum:       18.02.2011 20:52:
> Hey,
>
> On 02/18/2011 11:03 AM, Peter Russ wrote:
>> Sorry but your answer is not correct. Please check the code HOW it is
>> handled in the dbbackend. Even if only true or false is returned query
>> will always take lifetime into account.
>
> As far as I can see, there is no call to has() in the get() method of
> the db backend.
>
> Regards
> Christian

You are right at this point if you only see the dbbackend. BUT check the
caching framework ;-)
There is always a has() query BEFORE a get due to the fact that this has
to perform on  filesystem or memcache or db ;-)

IMHO it would be best to put result of has or set ;-) to globals and
return value if get is queried for the same value. BUT only works for
dbbackend.

Peter

--
docendo discimus