[TYPO3-dev] felogin - return path

Simon Child simon at srchild.com
Wed Feb 16 22:54:27 CET 2011

felogin doesn't set the return path to the From address in password reset
emails. This makes the emails more likely to get marked as spam.

t3lib_utility_Mail::mail can set the return path via additionalParameters,
so perhaps this could be considered.

I had a look but it seems to need more changes than just changing
class.tx_felogin_pi1.php

looks like class.tx_felogin_pi1.php hands it to sendNotifyEmail but I don't
see a parameter to indicate wanting to set return path

and sendNotifyEmail likewise hands it to $GLOBALS['TSFE']->plainMailEncoded
which also doesn't seem to have a parameter to indicate wanting to set
return path

and t3lib_utility_Mail::mail hands it to t3lib_utility_Mail::mail  - quite a
paper trail!

[Why am I fussing about felogin this week? Too many users saying emails
didn't arrive / emails went in spam / they clicked on the email link but it
didn't work...]

Cheers

--
Simon Child