[TYPO3-dev] GIFBUILDER Problem after upgrade to 4.5

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 20:37:07 CET 2011

Hi there,

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Tomas Norre Mikkelsen
<tomasnorre at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 12-02-2011 14:36, Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>>
>> It seems that IM is really messed up with handling of transparency :-(
>>
>> Things you can try:
>> - turn of Nicetext; with most fonts it doesn't look very well at all. If
>> a TrueType font looks bad the Type1 version can look better
>
> Works when NiceText is disabled, the question is now, will the client
> accept. =)

If it works with niceText disabled, it will probably work if you
create the images twice as large as required then scale the images
down to size. I'm about 90% sure I've done this and retained
transparency with IM6.

Just for the record, I've never encountered any problems with the
IM6/GIFBUILDER combo. YMMV of course :)

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/