[TYPO3-dev] Module paths in extensions

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Mon Feb 14 20:38:45 CET 2011

Hi everyone

TYPO3 standard behaviour is to modify the module paths when fetching an
extension from TER. If you decide to move an extension from
typo3conf/ext to typo3/ext, extensions with modules will stop working.

I know this is not a bug since you can re-install the extension directly
as a global extension. But after reading a request [1] to make the
module path dynamic for DAM, I'm interested in your opinion:

Is the standard behaviour still best practice or should it be improved?

Lorenz

[1] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13778